Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Revlon ~Plum Night, with Gold Stamping

When I picked up Plum Night yesterday I thought it looked gorgeous.
 
It's not.
 
While beautifully smokey in the bottle, it looks too dark, and in my opinion, boring, on the nails. It reminds me too much of Lincoln Park After Dark by OPI, although less red.
I have tried to capture how much darker this polish is on the nails than in the bottle, but sadly the evening gloom is against me, and I doubt this one will make a repeat performance, so it was now or never.
 
What I can say though is that the formula was good - this is two coats - and the wear is as well. I usually swatch right after painting, but these pictures are taken after a day at the office.
I do however dislike the super skinny Revlon brushes.
 
Since the polish was still in good condition I thought it would be a good time to try out another of my new Bundle Monster plates. This pretty filigree pattern can be found on Bundle Monster BM201, and the stamping polish is Gold by GOSH. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, here is a bonus picture for you :) Isn't this tin of body butter just adorable? I picked it up from the Poundland near my work for - wait for it - a pound! (Not funny I hear you say? Well it's my blog and I can be lame on it all I want!)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment